Study visa is issued to foreign citizens entering the Russian Federation for study purposes on the basis of an invitation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation arranged by Russian educational establishment.
Student visas are either single-entry or double-entry (depending ont the Invitation), and are valid for 90 days.
To obtain a study visa you should submit to the Consular section:
1. Completed application form (https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx).
It must be filled out online and printed out double-sided. One per person. No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of arrival and departure, as entered in the application form, match with or fall within the period specified in the Invitation. The completed form should be signed abd dated by the applicant. Application form of children under 18 must be signed by one of the parents. Incomplete forms, forms without signature, forms with hand-made corrections, will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
2. Current passport (original) (travel document) with at least 2 blank pages. The passport should be submitted in original only and should be valid for at least 18 months after planned arrival date to Russia.
3. One photo, size: 3.5 by 4.5 cm, less than 6 months old, in colour, on a white background. The photo must be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) on the form strictly to the specially marked place of the application form.
4. An invitation to enter the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation (in paper form or electronic).
5. HIV Test Certificate (original), dated and signed by the doctor, taken from the hospital or clinic in last three months.
6. Visa fee payment
Visa processing fees and time can be found on the website.
7. Prepaid self-addressed courier bag (with courier ticket).
ATTENTION! Please follow the above requirements when submitting your papers. Otherwise, the documents will be returned. All documents must be submitted at once. Uncompleted sets will be returned to the applicants without processing.
There are additional requirements for non-New Zealand passport holders (permit to study, work in NZ for more than 90 days, residentship, etc. - valid NZ visa).
Proof of stay in NZ for an Australian passport holders - a letter from work/school/college etc. covering the period of more than 3 months.