Business visa is required in case you wish to enter Russia for business purposes.
To obtain a business visa you should submit to the Consular section the following set of documents:
1. Completed application form (https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx).
It must be filled out online and printed out double-sided. One per person. No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". The dates of arrival and departure in the application form should match with or fall within the period specified in the Invitation. The completed form should be signed and dated. Application form of kids under 16 must be signed by one of the parents. Incomplete forms, forms without signature, forms with hand-made corrections, will be returned back unprocessed. Valid e-mail should be put in the application form to enable us to contact you.
2. Current passport (original) (travel document) with at least 2 blank pages.
The passport should be submitted in original only and valid for a minimum of six months after visa's expiration date and has at least 2 blank pages which do need to be consecutive.
3. One photo, size: 35 by 45 mm, less than 6 months old, in colour, on a white background. The photo must be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the application form strictly to the specially marked place. Please find photo requirements here.
4. An invitation to enter the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation (in paper form or electronic).
Invitation in paper form (special blank - watermarked paper) can be accepted only in original. Invitations are arranged by Inviting party in Russia - Russian companies through a local Department of Immigration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
5. Visa fee payment
Visa processing fees and time can be found on the website.
6. Prepaid self-addressed courier bag (with courier ticket).
7. There are additional requirements for non-New Zealand passport holders - permit to stay in NZ for more than 90 days, residentship, etc. - valid NZ visa. Copy of valid NZ visa should be enclosed.
Proof of stay in NZ for an Australian passport holders - a letter from work/school/college or copy of tenancy agreement etc. covering the period of more than 3 months.
ATTENTION! Please follow the above requirements when submitting your papers. Otherwise, the documents will be returned. All documents must be submitted at once. Incomplete sets will be returned to the applicants without processing.
You can apply for a visa personally or by post. Our postal address: PO Box 17 262, Karori, Wellington, New Zealand. When posting your application along with all required documents a self-addressed pre-paid return courier bag should be enclosed. To avoid your correspondence being lost in mail, we recommend using Courier Post Services. We post back prepaid Courier Post and NZ Couriers courier bags only with post tickets (tracking Number, and Rural Delivery prepaid tickets to send your passport to rural address (RD)).
The Consulate will not be responsible for any loss or mishandling of the mail by the Postal Service or any other delivery agent.
We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone. Therefore, you can send your enquires to the Consulate by e-mail: email@example.com.
APEC Business Travel Card holders
APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with “RUS” inscribed on the back enjoy a visa-free entry into Russia for official or business visits. While passing Russian border control ABTC holders have to present their valid passport and ABTC.
Total period of stay in the Russian Federation can be no more than 90 days during any period of 180 days.
Note: APEC Business Travel Card holders travelling to Russia for other purposes (for example, tourism) need to apply for a respective type of visa.